Highly structured, long-term study
Academic Semester / Year
Taking the time to seriously focus on your English will open up unlimited opportunities for you. This programme is for students who study for 24 weeks or more.
You will develop fluency, accuracy and appropriate uses of English across all four language skills. You will benefit from excellent guidance, monitoring and feedback throughout this course.
As your English and your confidence improve, you will broaden your horizons and gain a huge advantage in your chosen career or education.
On a personal level, studying abroad will give you incredible experiences. You will challenge yourself, become more independent and make lasting international friendships.
Reasons to take this course
- You want to enter university or embark on a master's degree
- Your level is between Beginner and Advanced
- You want to give yourself a clear advantage in the workplace and expand your career opportunities
- You want to take a worthwhile sabbatical learning English before continuing your education or career
|Lesson length||45 minutes|
|Intensity||20 lessons per week (all schools), 24 lessons per week (USA & Canada), 30 lessons per week (all schools)|
|Length||Minimum 24 weeks|
|Level||Beginner to Advanced|
As soon as you book your Academic Year course, your learning journey begins:
- Access EC Online from home to start your journey, test your starting level and get prepared
- Arrive at EC, settle in, and meet your teachers, support staff and classmates
- Follow a robust curriculum to achieve measurable results across all English language skills
- Log your progress, assess your strengths and weaknesses and personalise your path with EC Advance
- Receive continual guidance, monitoring and feedback from your teachers
- Assess your finishing level, and receive a certificate validated by Oxford University Press
- Continue to benefit from EC Online for three months after you leave
Living and Learning
Outside of lessons, there is a full calendar of social, cultural and academic activities to make this the experience of a lifetime.
Free language workshops take place in an informal setting and target specific linguistic skills. Expect interesting lectures, topical conversation sessions and pronunciation practice.
Social activities will take in the best of your destination. Enjoy everything from city tours, the arts, sports, eating & drinking, and nightlife.
Learning English while being immersed in an English-speaking country is a truly exciting and enriching experience. Along the way, you will gain a new international network of friends.
With the language skills required for international study, work and travel, you will find that new opportunities will open in many areas of your life.
Special Focus - Tailor Your Learning
Study 30 lessons per week and choose from a varied selection of Special Focus lessons such as:
English in the City
Get outdoors and learn English while experiencing the sights and spirit of your chosen destination. A great way to learn about the local culture.
English for Work
Gain the fluency, accuracy and specific communication skills you need to compete successfully in the workplace.
Learn the language and academic skills required for successful study at an English-speaking university or in higher education.
Other options may include, Media Studies, Culture and Communication, Grammar in Real Contexts, Write Now, and The Language of Music.